5 Cities, 5 Pictures

1. Merritt Island, Florida- A Beach Beauty

Located on Florida's east coast, Merritt Island makes for a beautiful location for a beach day. When I went last February I started off my morning by grabbing a bagel sandwich from a local bagel shop and ate away while walking down the beach (it was a little too chilly and breezy that day to get in the water). It's definitely a worth while spot in my opinion and in my experience has a much more relaxing energy than many other popular tourist spots. 

2.  Lexington, South Carolina- A True Southern Gem

Between the people's southern hospitality and the small town feel (at least to those not from a small town), I highly recommend spending a weekend in Lexington. Be prepared to see a lot of Clemson merchandise and family-owned restaurants. 



3. Stratford-upon-Avon, England- Technically a Town

Although not technically a city, Stratford is still peaceful town and Shakespeare's birthplace. The town capitalizes on its historic value but also offers canal routes (as pictured) to travel by boat or walk besides and enjoy the view, provided it's not raining too heavily. 

4.  Pittsburg, Pennsylvania- A City on the Water

I only got to spend a few hours in the city and unfortunately the blurry pictures taken from bus windows do not do it justice. I whole-heartedly hope to return to Pittsburgh one day (definitely in the spring or summer) to enjoy it's juxtaposed bustling city life and tranquile waters once more.



5. Vero Beach, Florida- Worth the Wait

The picture bellow is of a sculpture outside the Vero Beach Museum of Art, a worthwhile stop in a worthwhile city if you ask me. I am usually not one for art museums, but this one was different for me; it was home to several larger than life pieces (like the one bellow) in the outdoor sections as well as quirky, interactive pieces indoors. The beach itself is beautiful and great for watching the sunrise.



Comments