2,031 Days

2,031 days ago I decided to start this blog. Then, I was a slightly lost young teenager who did not take to sports like my friends did, nor did I have the confidence or desire to take part in something like theater so I decided to use this free time to start a blog. And then for 4 years, I forgot about it. So I come to you now (and by you I mean the very few viewers of this page) as a college freshman who has discovered quite a few random passions. I love to do yoga and stretch and see how many steps I can get while walking on my hands. I love photography and art. I like to draw or paint, particularly on cards (the vast open blankness of a whole sheet of paper intimidates me) usually while listening to an audiobook about minimalism, personal finance, or productivity. My next audiobook on my "To Read List" (despite the fact listening is not at all reading) is 101 Essays That Will Change the Way You Think by Brianna Wiest. Perhaps I could write a review of it for you? Maybe one day I can even write an essay for you that will change the way you think. In the meantime, what would you like to see? My art, what I packed for college, book suggestions, organization, or perhaps I can entice you with some photography? I am aware very few people read this, and even fewer respond so I suppose for now I'll post what brings me joy and hope it brings someone else joy, even if that someone is just me again when I rediscover this blog in the years to come. 


And here is an extremely un-extraordinary picture of a bird I took at the beach last summer which I shall include because 1) it brings me joy and 2) I have my eye on a new blog format that only looks good if nearly every post has a picture (and I am not talking about the screenshots of what songs I had been listening to on my iPhone 4S I used to put in my posts) so I figure nows a good time to start doing that. And besides, the page could use some color anyway.




And to anyone who has read this far, thank you very much indeed. And to the real og's yes, this post was in fact inspired by my "Six Months" post from back in 2015. Oh, to be 13 again.

Comments