Six Months

Wow! Today is the six month anniversary of my blog I think. It honestly feels like it hasn't even been a month yet...jeez. Here's what I've learned in these few short months. 

1. Blogging is Hard
Berfore I started blogging I thought you could create a whole blog post in ten minutes or so. Man was I wrong. Creating a blog post that I am actually happy with is much harder than I expected. I have to say the hardest part for me right now is coming up with good ideas for posts. Before there seemed like so many great ideas to write about but now... I try so many but rarely end up being actually happy with one. Also, creating a good and aesthetically pleasing backdrop in photos is much harder than I imagined. What I think will look great on camera, rarely actually does. But what can I say, it's all a learning curve. 

2. Natural Light is Key for Photos
I feel like I had heard this said a million times before, but I'm just now realizing how true it is. I have tried so many times to try and get away with artificial light, but it is just not the same. So quick tip, if you're like me and like to right blog posts at night, take the pictures earlier on that day. When I write a post that I'm happy with, I want to post it right away. I dont want to have to wait to daylight, then take pictures, and then have to incorperate them into the post. 

3. Blogging is Fun and You Should Let It Be
Sometimes I get so freaked out that I haven't put anything up in a while so I'll put up a post I'm not happy with just for the sake of putting a post up. Don't let yourself get stressed out about it, it's not worth it. Don't get upset if you feel like no one is listening or no one cares. It's fine. Someday someone will listen, and it shouldn't matter how many comments you get or how many views you have or any of that. There will almost always be someone who gets more comments than you, and someonme who gets less comments than you. That's ok, that's life.

I hope that was enjoyable for you to read; I really enjoyed writing it. I'm hoping to continue this, probably for my blog's one year anniversary, two year anniversary, and so on. These should be really fun to look back on, and who knows. Maybe in a few mionths time I'll disagrre with what I have said here. We will just have to wait and see. 

Comments